Monday, October 20, 2008

Shelving on librarything - Thing 11

First off I should say that I was quite disappointed with the searching capabilities on librarything. I guess I have turned into too much of an information professional and love too much the ability to refine searches and hone in on what I actually want. With librarything all I can search is title or author separately, definitely not in conjunction with each other, a quite annoying way for me to try to find the obscure or random or even popular titles I wanted to add to my library shelf. If anyone found a better way to search the sight, please do share!

Other than that aspect, I found librarything a really fun tool and program to play around with. I can see how others call it addicting, once I started adding the obligatory five books to my shelf, I kept thinking of other favorite books I really wanted to add and tag, and of some books I recently read or want to read in the future. I think I have heard people talking of using their librarything account as the resource to help keep track of books they want to read next?

I searched for a way to link my catalog to my blog. But I couldn't find anything in the time length I had. So I'll just paste in the html code and see what shows up in the post....

No comments: