Monday, October 27, 2008

Not yummy but at least it's useful: Delicious, Thing 13

I browsed through Delicious and was intrigued by the capabilities of such a tool. I especially was drawn in by the beelerspace comment about how similar delicious was to gmail with its flat hierarchy. I love how flat hierarchy works as well, as I am able to quickly move from idea to idea, from piece of information to piece of information without continually switching folders or frames or whatever might be organizing all the little pieces. And with clouds of tags to quickly glance over, I see many different similar topics which I hadn't thought of before, kind of like the search tactic used by library patrons to look for similar books on the shelf around the book they found in the catalog. Overall, a useful tool to remember for the future!

No comments: