Monday, November 24, 2008

Thing 23 - Ending Contemplations

My favorite site from this collection of exercises was wordle. I had seen it used before but had never tried my own hand at it. But I really love how easy it is and how fun it is to mess around with the fonts and organization to totally change the feel of the collection of words. But beyond the fun parts, I think this collection of 23ish things to know about has been a little eye-opening for me. Usually I stay with the websites I am comfortable with. And the applications and options I don't know about stay that way until I need some random things like a trading card of myself for a project. To learn about all the different options of ways to organize or socially interact with information has showed me just how diverse the options really are. I am glad to be able to file away many of these different tools, or at least the ideas of the tools, for opportunities in the future. And this knowledge will go well with all the other ideas and concepts I pull out in my learning environments in the classroom and my practical life out in the library environment and beyond.

I think the format of this workshop was well laid out. Anyone could easily follow the instructions or links to complete the assignments and all the different concepts were well explained. One big thing infiltrating all different aspects of life is social networking so an inclusion of some type of technology relating to that might be a useful addition to other workshops in the future, possibly?

Oh, and thanks to whoever organized, put-together, discovered, correlated, worked through, experimented with, and decided upon all the 23 things to do with this exercise!

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

Congratulations on finishing! You've done a lot of work and seem to have learned a lot in the process. I hope you'll keep on learning and exploring.

We had a lot of help putting this together as it was based on what others libraries have done, just had to do a bit of tweaking here and there but thanks for the acknowledging the work that went into it.

Deirre