Monday, November 24, 2008

Thing 21- Podcasts

I've listened and downloaded hundreds of different types of podcasts in the past, so for this thing, I opted to not actually download the software in order to access a new podcast for this exercise. However, I did go and look through the podcastalley directory and found it to be pretty useful. I'll post a link here to a podcast I would like to access from a different computer when I have time. So for ease of access: http://www.dakineguild.net/hgp/hgppca.xml.

There are many obvious ways that the library could be using the concept of podcasts. Letting users upload their own to promote or talk about their recent reads or favorite books would be one way. Or the podcast technology could be useful for promoting different community activities or library events to more technologically-active users; or even to work in conjunction with nearby school environments of learning and interaction with information and technology. A very useful tool.

No comments: